Road Closings Announced for Roar on the Shore
ERIE – With five days of bikes, musical acts and more, organizers of the 11th annual Roar on the Shore® are preparing to welcome more than 170,000 bike enthusiasts to town for Erie’s Official Bike Week, set for July 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16.
To accommodate the 2017 Roar on the Shore® rally, organizers have announced the following road closings:
- At 7:30 a.m. Monday, July 10, State Street from 4th to 5th Streets will be closed until the end of the rally.
- At 9 a.m. Monday, July 10, North and South Park Rows, from Peach to French Streets, will be closed until the end of the rally. (State Street will remain open at this time.)
- At 1 p.m. Monday, July 10, State Street will be closed to traffic from 3rd to 5th Streets until the end of the rally.
- At 7 a.m. Tuesday, July 11, State Street from 3rd to 7th Streets, as well as 4th Street from Peach to French Streets, will be closed until the end of the rally.
- At 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 11, 5th Street from Peach to French Streets will be closed until the end of the rally.
All streets will reopen by 6 p.m. Sunday, July 16.
Perry Square will serve as “The Hub” of the event and will be filled with live music, food, beverages and merchandise starting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 12.
Motorists also should be aware of possible traffic delays during the annual Bringin’ in the Roar Parade, which is set for Thursday, July 13. The parade, sponsored by Erie Insurance, departs at 6 p.m. from Presque Isle Downs and Casino to The Hub, led by Grand Marshal Danny Trejo. The parade heads south on Route 97, west on Townhall Road, south on Shunpike, west on Lee, north on Old French Road, north on Route 505 (Perry Highway) to 26th Street, north to State Street and into Perry Square.
State Street is open to bike traffic only, so bikers are reminded to continue to ride through The Hub to Perry Square.
For more information about the parade and the latest schedule of events, visit www.roarontheshore.com.